This past Saturday, Joe completed a 5K Mud Run in Kalamazoo to raise money for clean water in Africa. It was so much fun to watch, and I'll just take his word for it that it was also fun to participate in.
The clean crew prior to the race:
Joe with Laura (our sister-in-law) on his right,
and Jamie (Laura's brother) on his left.
Joe in the red shirt and blue shorts, still looking clean as the race has just begun.
Here we have proof that Joe did indeed err in one of the many obstacles. There is Jamie crawling under the "Snake Pit", while Joe climbed over it. He says he really didn't realize that he was supposed to go under. And even though he did correct his mistake for the second lap, we still had to give him grief. Sorry sweetie!
Laura coming out of the Snake Pit.
The kids play with the stones as they await the runners.
Standing by the sidelines to cheer the mud-caked runners on.
Joe heads down the slide...
...into waist high muddy water.
Apparently this is his idea of a good time!
Crossing the finish line
Jamie and Laura right there with him
A muddy high five
Looking good after their mud makeovers.
Cleaning off the filth they worked so hard to aquire.
The kids play in the water puddles
A school bus shuttled us to and from the race site, which I thought the kids would love, but within a couple minutes, Henry was sound asleep.
And I think Claire was a bit nervous, though she had her cousins to keep her safe.
For a few more pictures of the Mud Run, check out my brother's blog:
He captured some great moments.
I especially like the final picture of his beautiful wife!
Based on the fun we all had, I think we may have started a new family tradition! And by family, I mean the "in-laws". It would take more than a new t-shirt and free snacks to get us "Sternbergs" in that mud. But you never know...those were pretty cool shirts. And who I am kidding? I would do pretty much anything for free food!
No comments:
Post a Comment